WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Redeemed by Ciana Stone

Redeemed - Ciana Stone

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/redeemed-by-ciana-stone

Texas Ranger Kade Lawson isn’t too thrilled to learn he has to work with a federal agent on his latest case. Agencies tend to be territorial and the last thing he wants is a pissing match with a fed. Then he meets Cia Whitehorse and Kade changes his tune. The stunning fed knocks him for a loop and turns him on like no one else. But there’s more to Cia than meets the eye…

Cia Whitehorse knows she’s beyond redemption, but that doesn’t stop her from working herself to the bone to catch a serial killer who’s more complicated than anyone outside her special branch of the Department of Justice knows. Cia wants Kade in her bed, but she has no desire for it to go further than sex. Unfortunately for her, Kade gets under her skin and he’s not a man who’ll let her get away with keeping secrets. As their involvement gets deeper, Cia has to wonder — could Kade be the key to her salvation?

Redeemed is a fast-paced suspense with some surprising paranormal twists. Author Ciana Stone fascinated me with her Specialized Anomalous Crime Unit and I yearned to learn more about the SACU because I found Cia’s teammates and their abilities to be interesting. As for the romance, Cia and Kade have a tumultuous relationship and many of the obstacles are ones Cia herself creates. Kade’s a sexy hero with a paranormal gift of his own and I had no problem seeing why Cia was attracted to him. Cia herself was a bit of a prickly heroine. Normally I don’t mind this, but given the length of the book, her drawing away from Kade for much of it left me wanting just a touch more in the development of their love story. That being said, I did enjoy Redeemed. Ms. Stone packs a lot of energy into the story and I was swept away by the suspense of the tale.

Source: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/redeemed-by-ciana-stone