WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Review: Walk Me Home by Liza Kendall

Walk Me Home - Liza Kendall

Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Walk Me Home is a heartwarming story that will delight fans of second chance and small town romances. Author duo Liza Kendall made me fall in love with the Braddock family and the town of Silverlake, so much so that when I finished this book I was disappointed I have to wait to read the next one.

Charlie Nash and Jake Braddock fell in love as teenagers, but after a fire claimed the life of Charlie’s grandmother and her family home, the Nash family left town and cut almost all ties with Silverlake. Now Charlie’s back and she and Jake have both been conscripted into the wedding party from hell. Old wounds and even older attraction don’t stand a chance of staying buried when Charlie and Jake are thrown together. It’s easy to fall into their romance as Jake and Charlie just simply click. They’re both good, kind people and you could feel the pull between them. It’s not easy for them to deal with the past, especially when there are people like Charlie’s grandfather who won’t let it go. Both Jake and Charlie have lessons to learn in order for them to get their happily ever after and I enjoyed every step of their journeys.

Walk Me Home is funny, romantic, and sweet. The only thing that took this from a five star read to a four star is the drama that felt slightly forced at the end. Jake is a firefighter and I will admit that I am completely baffled and more than a bit irritated by how Jake and his fellow firefighters are treated. Perhaps it’s because I’m a Californian and fires are a near-constant threat where I live, but I was aghast reading about the campaign Charlie’s grandfather goes on against the fire department. I won’t spoil anything, but I will say that I found this storyline to be unsatisfying from beginning to end. That one issue aside, I really enjoyed Walk Me Home and I cannot wait to read about the rest of the Braddock siblings, especially the eldest, Declan, whose hard work and loneliness grabbed at my heart and didn’t let go.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2020/01/review-walk-me-home-by-liza-kendall.html