WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Wit and Sin's Best Books of 2019

2020 is here and I cannot wait to see what the next decade brings! Before I dive into the new year and all the books it has to offer, it’s time to take a look back at my favorite books of 2019. I read 127 books last year, including a few re-reads that I fell in love with all over again. I tried 32 new (to me) authors and discovered some wonderful authors whose backlists I cannot wait to dive into. And finally, I participated in my tenth A to Z Reading Challenge, a fun challenge that usually leads me to at least a couple of books I might not have moved to the top of my TBR pile otherwise.

I read a number of excellent books last year, but below are my top ten reads of 2019. All of the books on this list were first time reads because re-reads are generally books that are already favorites of mine. I decided not to include my top re-reads of this year because it was a lot of the same (it’s safe to assume re-reads of at least two Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb titles would make the list every year).

My Top Ten Books of 2019

Note: My picks weren’t all published in 2019, but all were new-to-me reads for the year.
Also note: The books are alphabetized by author as I love them all equally.

1. Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, Book 3.5) by Ilona Andrews