WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Review: Archangel’s Prophecy by Nalini Singh

Archangel's Prophecy - Nalini Singh

Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Archangel’s Prophecy is a ticking time bomb, and I mean that in the very best way. It’s a tense, exciting thrill ride and author Nalini Singh doesn’t hold back as the Cascade picks up steam and threatens the very heart of the Guild Hunter series: Elena Deveraux.

Elena – strong, powerful, Hunter-born mortal turned angel – and her indescribably powerful mate, the archangel Raphael, are facing something more frightening than they ever could have imagined. Elena’s wings are failing, her immortality regressing, and nothing can stop it. The haunting voice of an archangel lost to sleep prophesizes Elena’s doom. Elena isn’t one to go quietly, which is one of the many reasons I adore her, and Raphael definitely won’t let the woman he loves more than life itself fall without a fight. Their love is as strong as ever, even as their nerves are stretched to the breaking point. I desperately wanted to know what was happening to Elena. I hated having to put down Archangel’s Prophecy because I loved and hated watching her struggle. It’s rare that authors can keep me guessing, but Ms. Singh manages it.

Even with her wings failing and mysterious things happening to her body, Elena doesn’t have time to take a breath. After her brother-in-law is nearly decapitated, it’s clear that her sister and niece are in danger. Elena can’t – won’t – lose another member of her family and she’ll fight for their safety to her last breath. I found this case to be both interesting and tragic, but I admit the most exciting part of the story was watching Elena fight through the changes in her to unravel the mystery.

Archangel’s Prophecy is the eleventh book in the Guild Hunter series and you should definitely be familiar with the world before jumping in. This is not a book to be missed, but fair warning: it ends on one hell of a cliffhanger. I’m thankful I can dive right into Archangel’s War because with everything that happened at the climax of the book (too many spoilers to talk about) I would have gone mad waiting to find out what happens next. Ms. Singh knows how to up the stakes and I’m on the edge of my seat as I prepare to dive into Archangel’s War.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2019/09/review-archangels-prophecy-by-nalini.html