WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Review: Wolf Rain by Nalini Singh

Wolf Rain - Nalini Singh

Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Return to the beloved world of the SnowDancer pack in Wolf Rain. I love all of Nalini Singh’s pairings, no matter what the combination of human, Psy, or Changeling is, but I admittedly have a soft spot for Psy-Changeling pairings. Combine that with returning to an area in the Psy-Changeling world that already has a strong grip on my heart and it’s no surprise I was eager to dive into this book. Ms. Singh did not disappoint. Alexei and Memory are engaging, interesting, endearing protagonists and their romance is lovely to watch unfold.

Memory is a survivor, a fighter, and – quite simply – a wonderful heroine. She was kidnapped and imprisoned for fifteen years, suffered mental violations that would break most, and still managed to keep her core self alive and vibrant. We first meet her after a heartbreaking loss, one that touched me deeply, and I was immediately drawn to her. I loved her spirit and strength, how even though she was physically weakened and led to believe she’s a monster she doesn’t break. When she’s introduced to the empaths, Arrows, and Changelings, Memory blossoms, quickly coming into her own when she has friendship and support. I loved her journey and was eager to see her find love with the Alexei. The gorgeous wolf is loving, a protector to the core, and bears invisible wounds that bleed daily. He’s lost so much, but he never stops giving. Alexei melted my heart and I was glad to see him start to heal over the course of the story. He and Memory fit one another like lock and key and their slide into love is seamless. I loved watching them challenge each other and their romance was fun, sexy, and heartwarming all at once.

Wolf Rain is the third book in the Psy-Changeling Trinity series, but fans of the original Psy-Changeling books will be delighted to see many of their favorite heroes and heroines play supporting roles in this story. Whether you’re new to the series or are a longtime fan, it’s impossible not to be drawn to the supporting cast. The SnowDancer and DarkRiver packs are filled with wonderful, vibrant characters that bring warmth and energy to the page. They add depth to the world while never pulling focus from Memory or Alexei and I loved seeing all the various friendships intertwine and come into play. I recommend at least being familiar with the Psy-Changeling world before starting Wolf Rain, as the troubled state of the PsyNet is an important plotline. The PsyNet is barely holding together with the help of the empaths, and a new power has arrived that could mean the disintegration of large parts of the Net, killing thousands of Psy at a time. I found this storyline as compelling as the romance and I love how Ms. Singh keeps developing her world in new and fascinating ways. The only downside to this is that after I finished the book I desperately wanted to keep going and discover what happens next in the Psy-Changeling Trinity world.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2019/06/review-wolf-rain-by-nalini-singh.html