WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: One Hot December by Tiffany Reisz

One Hot December - Tiffany Reisz

My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

One Hot December is wildly sexy, insanely funny, and quite simply a fantastic read. Every book in Tiffany Reisz’s Men at Work series has been incredibly addictive and Flash and Ian’s love story is no exception. It’s a wonderful romance that is so much fun I cannot help but smile when I think about it.

Flash is an awesome heroine. She’s got a quit wit (and sometimes a quick trigger), a spine of steel, and she’s refreshingly straightforward. She’s not afraid to be different, to speak up for herself, and I loved her strength. Flash isn’t invulnerable, though. She’s been hurt and has had to fight for respect more than once. I admired and adored Flash and wanted to see her find someone she could both love and trust. On the surface, Ian seems like an odd match for her. But the two of them simply click. Beneath the suit and the all-business demeanor, Ian is a funny, caring, deliciously filthy hero. Even though he is a wealthy businessman whose father owns the company he works at, Ian has worked hard to get where he is. He also has some hidden vulnerabilities. His mother died when he was a baby and one of my favorite parts of One Hot December was how Flash helped Ian connect with his heritage through his mother’s faith. The quiet moments of honesty and caring between Flash and Ian give this story its heart and are just lovely.

While I do love the emotional moments of One Hot December, it’d be a crime if I didn’t talk about how incredibly fun and dirty this book is. Humor in romance tends to be hit-or-miss for me, but the banter between Flash and Ian had me laughing out loud. And when Flash and Ian hit the sheets… Well, this book ain’t called One Hot December for nothin’. Ian and Flash could keep you warm in a snowstorm (not literally – please don’t attempt ;-)).

If you love holiday romances (and I admit to being a sucker for them, particularly Hanukkah romances), One Hot December has double the holiday cheer as it celebrates both Hanukkah and Christmas. I truly loved reading Ian and Flash’s story. It’s a festive and fun read that is guaranteed to delight all year long.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/12/review-one-hot-december-by-tiffany-reisz.html