WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Trouble Next Door by Stefanie London

Trouble Next Door - Stefanie London

My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

From its hilarious beginning to the sexy and sweet ending, Trouble Next Door is So. Much. Fun! I had an absolute blast reading McKenna and Beckett’s romance – it was energetic, flirty, sexy, and even heartwarming at times.

Beckett is a serious hero in need of a shakeup. His childhood made him crave stability for himself and his family and he’s completely focused on making the app he’s working on a success. To launch said app, he needs funding and since his ex-fiancée’s father was his biggest investor… Well, things aren’t going too well for Beckett at the beginning of this book. I admired his intelligence and focus and the clear love he had for his family. Beckett definitely has his flaws, but at his core he’s a kind, loving man who is trying to do his best. His world is knocked off-kilter by McKenna, which made me grin more than once. She’s bright, sparkly, and has a larger-than-life personality that I absolutely loved. McKenna is stuck working the beauty counter until she can launch her career as a makeup artist. She’s got talent and determination, but after years of her family beating her down because she doesn’t fit their mold, she is somewhat vulnerable. Her passion for her work and her love of makeup shines and was actually one of my favorite things about Trouble Next Door. When an author really enjoys something and incorporates it into the story, it comes through, adding extra life to the book.

As individuals, McKenna and Beckett are great. As a couple, they’re dynamite. Even when they start out as friends, with McKenna trying to help him get his ex back, they have great chemistry. They’re supportive of one another, they actually listen to each other talk about their work and goals, and that’s fantastic. Add in sizzling chemistry that can’t be denied and it’s easy to see why I absolutely hated having to put Trouble Next Door down. The characters, the romance…there’s such a bright, popping personality to this book that I smile even just thinking about it.

Trouble Next Door is the first book I’ve read by Stefanie London but there’s no way it’ll be my last. I loved Ms. London’s writing; the humor, romance, and character growth was on point and I will definitely be glomming up her backlist. There are some books that just make you happy when you read them, and that’s what Trouble Next Door was for me.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/11/review-trouble-next-door-by-stefanie.html