WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: A Talent for Temptation by Sabrina Jeffries

A Talent for Temptation (The Sinful Suitors) - Sabrina Jeffries

My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

A Talent for Temptation is a fast and fun romance featuring a hero and heroine who just need that little extra push to be together. Meriel and Quinn have been dancing around one another for quite some time, but her secrets and his uncertainty about her feelings are keeping them from taking that final leap and opening their hearts. When Quinn finally has enough and takes a chance at playing the dashing hero (by setting up a pretend kidnapping), his plan fails miserably but winds up being that aforementioned push he and Meriel needed.

Quinn and Meriel are incredibly sweet together and Ms. Jeffries does a good job of establishing their characters (Meriel’s in particular) in the short length of the novella. I did like Quinn and Meriel together but since we don’t get to see how or why they fell in love, I felt like their romance was missing something. Perhaps with a bit more length, I wouldn’t have felt as if I’d come in at the end of a longer story. That being said, I was still charmed by A Talent for Temptation overall and the story made me eager to read the next Sinful Suitors novel. I cannot wait to see what Ms. Jeffries has in store for Meriel’s brother-in-law, the intriguing spymaster Baron Fulkham.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/09/review-talent-for-temptation-by-sabrina.html