WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: All I Want for Halloween by Marie Harte

All I Want for Halloween - Marie Harte

My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

All I Want for Halloween is anything but ordinary thanks to its unique characters. I love heroines in particular who break the mold and Marie Harte definitely delivered with Sadie. Sadie is a breath of fresh air. She’s blunt, often cranky, has no patience for BS, and isn’t exactly what you’d call a people person. I loved that she is confident and outspoken and I honestly just plain liked her. She was hurt in the past pretty badly and I was rooting for those walls around her heart to come down. Gear is her perfect match. He’s equally blunt and grouchy and has also been burned in the past by people he trusted. Nevertheless, he falls fast and hard for Sadie and doesn’t give up even when she’s wary of trusting him with her heart. I loved that these two wonderfully flawed characters actually like things about one another that others might not. Their romance is not only seriously hot, it’s fun.

The road to happily ever after isn’t always a smooth ride for Sadie and Gear, but luckily for them they both have family on hand to support them when the going gets tough. Neither the Liberato nor the Blackstone clan is your average family, and I adored that about them. The entire cast (discounting evil exes and backstabbing former best friends) is irreverent, good-hearted, and charmed the heck out of me. I liked them all so much that I hated to say good-bye at the end of the book; I really hope Ms. Harte has stories in store for Sadie and Gear’s siblings (especially if the attraction between their brothers turns into something more). All I Want for Halloween is the first book I’ve read by Ms. Harte and it’s a total treat. I can’t wait to read more of her work.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/09/review-all-i-want-for-halloween-by.html