WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Archangel's Viper
Nalini Singh
Progress: 12 %
Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Untold by Shannon Richard

Untold (A Country Roads Novel) - Shannon Richard

My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

Shannon Richard’s Country Roads comes to a close with the heartwarming Untold. Finn and Brie’s story has everything I’ve come to expect from Ms. Richard’s books: a sweet (with a dash of spice) romance, endearing characters, and a story that can tug on your heartstrings at the most unexpected moments.

Finn Shepherd had his heart broken eight years ago and he’s never wanted to risk that kind of pain again. Then Brie Davis comes into town and just plain knocks him off his feet. Brie is in Mirabelle for the funeral of her birth mother – the infamous Bethelda Grimshaw. Brie never knew the woman, but now she’s inherited everything, including some animosity from people Bethelda hurt. Brie is a charming heroine with a good heart and a deep-seated need to know where she came from. I adored her from the first and wanted her to find happiness in Mirabelle and with Finn. Finn is a caring, loving, sexy hero whose past has made him wary of entering a relationship. When he and Brie decide to enter a no strings attached affair while she’s in town, it’s clear that these two are going to find themselves entangled sooner rather than later. Finn and Brie fit like lock and key; they’re truly perfect for each other on every level. I loved watching them fall into a relationship and fall in love almost without realizing it. Their romance is by turns sweet and sensual and I was rooting for them to get the happily ever after they so deserved.

Untold is the seventh full-length book in the Country Roads series and though it can be read as a standalone, there are some minor spoilers for the previous books in the series. As a fan of the series, I was thrilled to briefly visit with past Country Roads heroes and heroines and see where they are now. Ms. Richard also gave me something I didn’t know I wanted: a look into the life of Bethelda Grimshaw. I absolutely hated Bethelda in previous books because she was so cruel. Learning about her alongside Brie ended up tugging on my heartstrings more than I expected. Ms. Richard doesn’t excuse Bethelda’s actions in any way, but I really did like getting a greater understanding of the character.

I’ve enjoyed getting to know the residents of Mirabelle throughout the Country Roads series. While I’m sad to see the series come to a close, Finn and Brie’s romance is really a great ending.Untold is simply a lovely story from beginning to end.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/09/review-untold-by-shannon-richard.html