WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Archangel's Viper
Nalini Singh
Progress: 12 %
Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: The Wolf of Kisimul Castle by Heather McCollum

The Wolf of Kisimul Castle (Highland Isles) (Volume 3) - Heather McCollum

My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

Alec MacNeil has a simple plan for revenge: kidnap his enemy’s bride on her wedding day and marry her himself. But Mairi Maclean is no wilting flower. She challenges him, tempts him, and isn’t about to give in and marry some man just because he says so. But even though she’s his captive, it’s not long before Mairi is breathing new life into Alec’s home. And the longer the two of them are around one another, the more difficult it becomes for them to resist their mutual attraction…

The Wolf of Kisimul Castle is one of the most fun books I’ve read in a long time. I can’t count the number of times Mairi and Alec made me grin and Heather McCollum’s writing just plain charmed the heck out of me.

Mairi is a strong, resourceful woman who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. When taken captive she doesn’t faint with fright, but defies Alec and makes herself comfortable in his dungeon. I loved Mairi’s cleverness, attitude, and warm heart. Kisimul Castle is a dark and depressing place when she arrives and she – along with Alec’s adorable children – turn it into a home. As for Alec, though he’s determined to avenge his wife’s murder, he’s no monster. He’s a kind and loving father and a leader who wants to do what’s best for his people. I adored both Alec and Mairi, which made it easy to become invested in their love story. Their romance is lively and fun; every part of it crackles with energy. The sparks that fly from their first meeting keep flying all through the book which made this a wonderfully satisfying romance.

Some books just make you happy when you read them, and that’s definitely the case for me with The Wolf of Kisimul Castle. This is the first book of Ms. McCollum’s that I’ve read and her style reminded me of vintage Julie Garwood. I couldn’t have been more entertained by Mairi and Alec’s story and I cannot wait to go back and read Ms. McCollum’s first two Highland Isles tales!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/08/review-wolf-of-kisimul-castle-by.html