WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Archangel's Viper
Nalini Singh
Progress: 12 %
Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: How to Marry a Marquess by Stacy Reid

How to Marry a Marquess (Wedded by Scandal) (Volume 3) - Stacy Reid

My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

Since reading the first Wedded by Scandal book, Accidentally Compromising the Duke, I have been on tenterhooks for Evie and Westfall’s story. Stacy Reid did not disappoint. How to Marry a Marquess has it all: bright dialogue, meltingly sensual scenes, and a romance you can root for. I adored it.

What I liked best about Evie and Westfall’s relationship is that it is six years in the making. Ms. Reid takes readers on a journey that starts with a less than glamorous (but quite funny) initial meeting. Even though they’re immediately attracted to one another, the two of them are friends for years before the main story develops. I loved the chemistry Evie and Westfall had both as friends and lovers. The sexual tension was utterly delicious and their dialogue brightened up the page and made How to Marry a Marquess practically speed by.

While it’s clear to everyone that Evie and Westfall would make a great match, things aren’t so easy for them. Westfall’s life took a turn when he found and rescued his illegitimate daughter, Emily. Emily changed Westfall’s outlook on life and his patience for the hypocrisy of high society is limited. The fact that he loves his daughter and the other children he adopted made me melt, but his actions have made him a pariah in society. While he doesn’t care that his name has been dragged through the mud, he’s so protective of Evie that he won’t give them a chance because he doesn’t believe that the darling of society could be an outcast. Westfall’s passion for social reform made me love him, but I did want to shake him a time or two because he makes assumptions about Evie and what she does or does not think. Neither he nor Evie are perfect and that means that – even though they both have hearts of gold – they don’t always say or do the right thing. But even when they screw up, they mean well and Ms. Reid shows us why each acts the way they do. And all the ups and downs are totally worth it because their happily ever after is wonderfully romantic.

How to Marry a Marquess is the third Wedded by Scandal book, but it can easily be read as a standalone. As happened Accidentally Compromising the Duke, I made the mistake of trying to read this story on my lunch break, which was a terrible plan. Ms. Reid’s writing is so entertaining that if you have to put the story down, you’re counting the hours until you can get back to it. I love a good friends-to-lovers story and Evie and Westfall’s is simply fantastic.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/08/review-how-to-marry-marquess-by-stacy.html