WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Disciplined by the Duke

Disciplined by the Duke (Lords of Discipline) - Alyson Chase

DNF at 44%

After four days of trying to slog through this story, I had to give up. The book’s description sounded fun and I expected a sexy historical with perhaps even a dash of intrigue. As of where I stopped reading, the blurb didn’t fit the book. Perhaps the latter 56% percent of the story was all passion and submission, but I’m not about to stick around and find out. Disciplined by the Duke is incredibly slow-paced, with an insipid heroine who is mostly memorable for her brief bouts of martyrdom and a hero who is pretty unbelievable (and I’m willing to suspend quite a bit of disbelief when reading). Almost halfway in, the romance hadn’t really developed, the sexual tension had barely started to simmer, and the letter that Liz is risking everything to find was proving to be more of a MacGuffin than an actual plot point. Perhaps the latter half of the book picked up, but when reading a book feels like a chore, it’s time to call it a quits.