WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Her Wish by Sophie H. Morgan

Her Wish: A Playboy Genie Romance - Sophie H. Morgan

Forget Powerball – I totally want a ticket to win a wish from one of Sophie H. Morgan’s Genies!Her Wish is a fresh and fun paranormal romance. I loved Ms. Morgan’s whole concept of celebrity Genies, the corporation that employs them, and wishes being granted to weekly lottery winners.

Charlie believes in hard work, not wishes. And when her best friend buys her a lottery ticket and Charlie wins, Charlie would rather chew glass than make a wish. Unfortunately for her, Jax Michaels – the Genie who is supposed to grant Charlie her wish – can’t let her just skip out on her wish. On the surface, the stunningly gorgeous, oh-so-charming Jax who has women throwing themselves at his feet is everything Charlie despises. But when he keeps popping in, the two actually start to get to know one another and the real fun begins. I loved that Charlie threw Jax for a loop by being unimpressed with his looks, charm, magic, and celebrity.

Charlie has her reasons for not wanting a wish, and though it took a while to learn her reasons, I understood why it was too personal for her to immediately open up and share with Jax. As for Jax, I – like Charlie – wasn’t immediately bowled over by him because he was arrogant as could be. This actually worked really well for the story, because it gave me a chance to start liking Jax alongside Charlie. There’s more to Jax than most people see. Most people don’t look past his looks or charm, just like most people don’t look past Charlie’s “plain Jane” looks and acerbic wit. Both of them are smart, flawed people who come into their own over the course of the story and their personal journeys had me as engaged as their romance. Charlie and Jax make an excellent couple and I found it difficult to put Her Wish down because the chemistry they had was so appealing. Even when they’re fighting, sparks fly and they’re equally matched. Jax and Charlie simply work on every level. They don’t instantly fall in love. Heck, they don’t even instantly fall in lust. Their love story is a natural progression as they come to know each other and I just loved that. It’s not smooth sailing for these two. Their strong personalities, differing views, and Charlie’s old wounds and insecurities mean that it’s a bumpy road to happily ever after, but it’s a road well worth travelling.

Her Wish is the first book in Ms. Morgan’s Playboy Genie series and I’m can’t wait to delve further into the world of the Genies. I was fascinated by the bits and pieces of WFY that we got to see and the Genies who worked there. I’m definitely hoping future books show us more of how WFY works. There are also a couple of supporting characters, both magical and mortal, who I’m really hoping get books of their own one day. Jax’s Handler, Luka, Jax’s assistant, Josh, and Charlie’s roommate, Kate, added extra humor and heart to the story and helped make the world come alive.

Her Wish is unique, fun, and as charming as Jax himself. I adored Jax and Charlie’s romance and I can’t wait to read the next Playboy Genie story, His Command.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/07/review-her-wish-by-sophie-h-morgan.html