WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Mind Over Matter by Nora Roberts

Mind Over Matter: A Passionate and Intriguing Novel of Suspense (Language of Love) - Nora Roberts

3.75 Stars

In Mind Over Matter a hardworking theatrical agent meets her match in a producer who isn’t afraid to knock down the walls she has around her heart. A.J. Fields has worked for years to become one of the most successful agents in Hollywood. She’s smart and has a spine of steel, so when David Brady wants to use psychic Clarissa DeBasse – A.J.’s most important client – in his new documentary, A.J. isn’t about to be bowled over by the handsome producer. Sparks fly immediately between A.J. and David, but A.J. doesn’t mix business with pleasure and those walls she has around herself are because she has been hurt repeatedly in the past. I liked the combination of strength and vulnerability in her and author Nora Roberts made it understandable why A.J. would be reluctant to open her heart to David. David is used to being demanding in his work life and noncommittal in his personal life, but the longer he’s around A.J., the more he finds his attitude toward relationships changing. She isn’t at all his type, but of course she knocks him for a loop. The two of them play off one another really well professionally and personally. Because they’re both hard-headed and flawed, they make mistakes in their burgeoning relationship, which I actually liked because it added a level of realism to the story.

Mind Over Matter was first published in 1987 and while there are things that date it (fashion, technology, some attitudes, etc.), for the most part it holds up really well. The style of this book isn’t as smooth as Ms. Roberts’s later work – the swift point of view changes took a bit of getting used to – but it’s still an enjoyable read and the romance is satisfying. All in all, I found Mind Over Matter to be a good comfort read fans of Nora Roberts are sure to like.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/07/review-mind-over-matter-by-nora-roberts.html