WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: The Red by Tiffany Reisz

The Red: An Erotic Fantasy - Tiffany Reisz

The Red is a fantastically filthy read where the lines between reality and fantasy are blurred. This is not a story for the faint of heart – it’s explicit, uninhibited, and there’s mind games as well as erotic games – but if you’re up for the ride, it’s well worth it. Tiffany Reisz knows how to pack a punch with inventive, incredibly dirty erotica.

Mona made a deathbed promise to her mother that she would do anything to save The Red, her mother’s art gallery. Just when Mona’s at her lowest and ready to close The Red, a mysterious stranger arrives. Malcolm will give her a way to save the gallery if she sells herself to him for one year, giving him carte blanche to do whatever he pleases so long as he doesn’t do permanent damage. It’s a bold, honest, unromantic offer, but Mona takes it, thus beginning a journey that both tangles her up and sets her free.

I loved that Mona was a strong heroine, confident in her sexuality to begin with. She’d have to be, given that her erotic encounters with Malcolm test her every limit and at times make her think she’s losing her grip on reality. It was interesting to watch her change over the course of the story, just as it was interesting to see the layers of Malcolm’s character revealed. I can’t really say too much about either him or the plot because it would spoil the story. Just know that if it seems at times that The Red is going off the rails when it comes to reality versus fantasy, stick around. Ms. Reisz brings everything together in an incredibly satisfying (no pun intended) manner.

The Red travels primarily from one erotic interlude to the next, but it’d be remiss of me to talk about the book and not mention the characters’ love of art. Art – and every character in the book’s passion for it – is central to the tale and breaths even more life into the story. Malcolm and Mona’s passion for art (not to mention the way it inspires them) was wonderful and after finishing the story I had to look up every single piece mentioned in it.

The Red is dark, passionate, unique, honest, and interesting. Ms. Reisz doesn’t hold back and readers should prepare themselves for one hell of an adventure.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/06/review-red-by-tiffany-reisz.html