WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Kiss of the Irish by Lauren Hawkeye

Kiss of the Irish (Foreign Fling) - Lauren Hawkeye

With its hot Irish hero and welcoming small town, Kiss of the Irish is the kind of story that makes you want to pack your backs and hop on a plane to Ireland posthaste. Between the idyllic environment and the engaging characters, there’s no way I could resist this book.

My favorite thing about Kiss of the Irish is the characters. Sarah has always made safe choices, done what she was told to do, and has basically been so beaten down by the people who should have loved her that she has a hard time believing in herself. Despite all of this, there’s still spark and backbone in her. When her jerk of a fiancé dumps her, Sarah leaves Boston for an extended vacation in Ceanmore, Ireland. It’s there she meets her oh-so-hot new landlord, Cian, who is a completely drool-worthy hero. He’s a smart businessman who has a bit of a wild streak, not to mention some sexy ink and piercings. But what I loved best about Cian was how genuinely kind he is. He’s got a heart of gold and while he definitely has the hots for Sarah from the start, he puts her needs first. Her self-confidence has taken a severe hit when she first comes to Ceanmore, and he helps her build herself back up. Sarah comes into her own over the course of this story, and I loved watching her grow as a character. The romance between her and Cian is equally lovely to watch unfold. They’ve got crackling good chemistry and their love story is a good mix of sweet and sensual.

Kiss of the Irish is the first book in Lauren Hawkeye’s Foreign Fling series, and by the time I finished Saran and Cian’s story, I wanted the next book. I’ve got my fingers crossed Cian’s sister, Ainsley, and her best friend, Nell, get books, because those two were utterly delightful. Their kindness and humor rounded out the story and they were as important as Cian was in bringing Sarah out of her shell. All in all, Kiss of the Irish was an utterly delightful read and I cannot wait to read more of Ms. Hawkeye’s work!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/05/review-kiss-of-irish-by-lauren-hawkeye.html