WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Emergency Attraction by Samanthe Beck

Emergency Attraction - Samanthe Beck

Emergency Attraction is emotional, addictive, and seriously hot. I’m a sucker for second chance romances, and Samanthe Beck has delivered a wonderful one in Sinclair and Shane’s story.

Ms. Beck excels at penning swoon-worthy heroes and Shane is no exception. When he left Magnolia Grove ten years ago to join the Marines, he left his heart with Sinclair. Now that he’s back in town, he’s determined to win back her trust. I absolutely adored Shane. He’s kind, sexy as hell, and his biggest problem is that he tries too hard to protect people (to his own detriment). Shane isn’t perfect, but he’s a perfectly delicious hero and I was rooting for him to win Sinclair back. And speaking of Sinclair, she’s an independent heroine with a spine of steel. Not much can get under her skin, but Shane is the exception. And though she doesn’t want to give him a second chance, he has a way of slipping past all her barriers. But Shane broke her heart and the mistakes of youth, when combined with old wounds and misunderstandings make her wary of forgiving him. Normally I dread the “big misunderstanding” device, but in this case I didn’t mind. In Shane and Sinclair’s situation it was completely logical, organic to the characters, and was resolved in a satisfying way.

Emergency Attraction is fast-paced and feels light on its feet, but make no mistake, it’s an emotional story as well. I loved how well Ms. Beck balanced heartache and forgiveness with hope and trust. And when you add in the fact that Sinclair and Shane are insanely hot together? It’s easy to see why I hated having to put this book down.

Emergency Attraction is the third book in Ms. Beck’s Love Emergency series and – if you don’t mind major spoilers for the first book, Emergency Engagement, and minor spoilers for the second book, Emergency Delivery – it can be read as a standalone. That being said, this is a fantastic series and you’re missing out if you don’t read the first two books. Fans of the Love Emergency heroes and heroines will all be delighted to know that their favorite characters return for this story and add more humor and heart to the tale. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed Shane and Sinclair’s story. It’s heartfelt and hot – an irresistible combination.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/04/review-emergency-attraction-by-samanthe.html