WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Fool Me Once by Katee Robert

Fool Me Once (Foolproof Love) - Katee Robert

Opposites attracting has never been as fun – or as hot – as it is in Fool Me Once. Aubry and Quinn have insanely good chemistry, which makes this enemies-to-lovers romance utterly irresistible.

I love imperfect heroines, and Aubry is wonderfully flawed in an incredibly relatable way. She’s smart, sexy, and has a good heart, but she also isn’t a people person, is snarky nine times out of ten, has a wealth of phobias, and suffers crippling anxiety. She isn’t an easy person, and I have a soft spot for characters like her, ones who are vulnerable and guarded, but have a lot to offer. The emotional walls Aubry has built around herself are a mile high and almost impenetrable, but Quinn gets under her skin.

Quinn is too hot, too confident, and pushes Aubry out of her comfort zone. He’s an outgoing cowboy to the bone, where she’s a serious gamer who doesn’t like to leave the house, and that’s only the beginning of their differences. They only tolerate each other because their best friends are in love. When he agrees to be her shield she can go to a gaming convention without having an anxiety attack in exchange for her being a human shield at his sister’s wedding where his family is sure to be a nightmare, neither is sure they’ll both make it through the week alive. But the attraction that blossoms between them is too potent for either to resist, and slowly they begin to open up to one another. It isn’t easy for them to admit they’re good together outside the bedroom, but I was rooting for them every step of the way. They challenge each other, make each other better, and man do they make the pages of Fool Me Once sizzle. But it isn’t the heat factor that makes them stand out (though that definitely doesn’t hurt). It’s the way Quinn helps Aubry through her anxiety attacks, the way she slowly lets down her guard, their banter, and the incredibly addictive writing of author Katee Robert that makes this book shine. I loved every bit of Fool Me Once, and I cannot wait to re-read Aubry and Quinn’s romance.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/08/review-fool-me-once-by-katee-robert.html