WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Seducing the Boss by Mari Carr

Seducing the Boss (The Pulse Series) - Mari Carr

Sara and Kellan have been friends since childhood and that friendship has withstood becoming boss-employee, as Kellan is the CEO of the hospital where Sara is an ER nurse. They’ve always had a comfortable relationship, each knowing that they aren’t what the other is looking for. Kellan never does relationships, while Sara is ready for commitment and all that goes with it. But when Sara is stood up on a blind date, Kellan starts to look at her in a whole new light. The attraction between them is immediate, unexpected, and so potent that neither can resist giving into the temptation of one weekend of no-holds-barred sex. But what happens when one weekend isn’t enough?

Seducing the Boss is a sizzling friends-to-lovers romance I devoured in one sitting. Kellan and Sara are a couple with plenty of heat and heart to keep this addictive story moving at a fast pace.

Sara and Kellan are both incredibly likeable characters who charmed me from the first. Yes, Kellan is a playboy with commitment issues stemming from his past, and yes, Sara is the good girl who wants to take a walk on the wild side, but though those types of characters are common in romance, author Mari Carr made these two protagonists feel fresh and new. There’s an energy to them that makes Seducing the Boss feel vibrant, whether Kellan and Sara are hitting the sheets or squaring off in the hospital. Both of them work hard, and even though they find themselves on opposite sides at the hospital a lot of the time, they respect each other. They also have years of shared history, common interests, and an easy compatibility that gives this story its heart. And it’d be remiss of me not to mention the way these two can turn up the heat. The innate trust between Kellan and Sara means they can really let go and steam up the page.

There’s a lot to enjoy about Seducing the Boss, but what really made the story stand out for me was the simple connection between Sara and Kellan. The solid foundation they have from the start and the way it shows on the page makes the fast slide from friendship to sex to happily ever after believable. I absolutely adored this story and I can’t wait to read the rest of the books in the multi-author Pulse series.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/07/review-seducing-boss-by-mari-carr.html