WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Archangel's Viper
Nalini Singh
Progress: 12 %
Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Addicted by Elle Kennedy

Addicted (The Outlaws Series) - Elle Kennedy

Elle Kennedy turns the action – and the heat – on high in Addicted. The second book in the edgy, erotic, dystopian Outlaws series definitely has the right title; it’s so addictive I read it in one sitting.

In a world where people are forced to live in colonies controlled by the Global Council, Jamie and Lennox have always lived free as outlaws. They’ve been best friends all their lives, and in the harsh world they live in they know they can always count on one another to have each other’s backs. Neither wants to ruin what they have by getting sexually involved, so both Jamie and Lennox tamp down on their mutual attraction and pretend it doesn’t exist. Until one night when their wills are stretched too thin and everything changes.

I absolutely adore a good friends to lovers story and Addicted is an excellent one. The love Lennox and Jamie have for one another is so strong and clear from the start that you can’t help but root for these two to get together. The sexual tension between them is out of control and too hot for words, and when they give into their desires… Well, Ms. Kennedy is a master of erotic romance so suffice it to say you’re in for one heck of a treat. The Outlaws series is set in a world where people live knowing any moment could be their last, so sex is frequent, sizzling, and ménages aren’t off the table. Simply put, this story isn’t for the faint of heart.

Heat factor aside, Addicted is compelling because Lennox and Jamie are an incredibly good fit and it’s clear to anyone that it would only take a light breeze to push them both over the line from “love” to “in love.” Their shared history makes the romance strong, but that doesn’t mean things are easy for them. Falling into bed changes the dynamic of their relationship and neither of them handles it well all the time. Both of them make mistakes, inadvertently hurt one another, and have to be brave enough to open themselves completely if they have a hope of making a life together as more than friends.

The world of the outlaws that Ms. Kennedy first introduced in Claimed intrigued me, and I loved getting to dive further into it in this story. It’s a dark, sometimes bleak world where good people are forced to be ruthless in order to survive. And survival doesn’t come without cost – Ms. Kennedy keeps you on the edge of your seat, wondering if the characters who grab your heart will make it through. In many ways, Addicted is a bridge book, bringing readers further into the world and setting up for big events that are to occur in the future. It’s difficult to say more without spoiling the story, so I’ll leave it by saying the events of Addicted left me desperate to get my hands on the next Outlaws book, Ruled.

Addicted is an exciting story with incredibly strong, interesting, passionate characters and a wickedly hot romance. I loved it and I cannot wait to see where Ms. Kennedy takes readers next!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/06/review-addicted-by-elle-kennedy.html