WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: The Perfect Fit by Jenna Sutton

The Perfect Fit (a Riley O'Brien & Co. novella) - Jenna Sutton

There are some stories that just make you happy when you read them. The Perfect Fit is exactly that kind of tale. Jenna Sutton has delivered a story that’s so bright, charming, and heartwarming that I couldn’t put it down.

Margo is a ray of sunshine. Her energy and optimism jump off the page and she simply dazzles everyone, Zeke included. Margo is a veterinarian who has always wanted to move to San Francisco, but the cost of living when combined with her student loan debt, is staggering. She needs a roommate, and luckily for her, her uncle’s old Army buddy has an apartment and could use a roommate as well. Zeke is eleven years older than Margo, but it’s the physical and emotional toll war has taken on him that makes him feel like he’s decades older. Zeke is strong, steady, and self-aware. Until he was injured he had no plans of leaving the Army. Now he’s adapting to a new life across the country that’s completely different than what he was used to. What Zeke needs is laughter and love in his life, and Margo brings that to him. Zeke puts up a few barriers trying to do what he thinks is right for himself and Margo, but I was rooting for he and Margo to knock down each obstacle. Both of them are likeable, hardworking people with big hearts. They’re not without flaws and vulnerabilities, which makes them relatable, and I honestly wish they were real just so I could be friends with them.

From the start, Zeke and Margo click as roommates, but the longer they live together, the closer they become. Add in their mutual attraction, and it’s clear that they won’t be able to resist one another for long. The sexual tension between them sizzles, and Ms. Sutton knows how to crank up the heat. But what really grabbed me was the honest emotional connection between Margo and Zeke. The two of them are truly a perfect fit; they’re good for each other and they make a fantastic, compelling couple.

The Perfect Fit is set in the world of Ms. Sutton’s Riley O’Brien & Co. series, but it can easily be read as a standalone. That being said, it was fun seeing more of the company and Cal O’Brien’s small supporting role had me eager to read his book. All in all, this is a fabulous novella that should charm any contemporary romance fan. Zeke and Margo are so appealing that the moment I finished their story I wanted to read it all over again. I loved The Perfect Fit and I can’t wait to read more Riley O’Brien & Co. stories!

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/03/review-perfect-fit-by-jenna-sutton.html