WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Asking for More by Lilah Pace

Asking for More - Lilah Pace

In Asking for It, Jonah and Vivienne are two strangers brought together by forbidden desires who forge a deeper connection than either could have imagined. In Begging for It they find the courage and strength to fight for each other and the relationship they could have. Now comes Asking for More, the story of what happens after happily ever after, and It. Is. Fantastic.

Vivienne and Jonah have faced their demons and both they and their relationship have come out the stronger for it. They’re sure of each other, of their love, and life seems to have settled into an easy rhythm for them. Then Vivienne trips and is injured during one of their games, and Jonah is deeply shaken. Right on the heels of Vivienne’s accident comes the news that Jonah’s sister, Rebecca, has had some trouble and he and Vivienne must travel to Belize to help her. What both events make clear to Vivienne is that she hasn’t yet grasped the true depths to which Jonah’s childhood has scarred him. While the two of them have faced many demons and are continuing to see therapists and heal, in Asking for More Vivienne gets a far better understanding of Jonah than she previously had. I absolutely loved that we delved deeper into Jonah’s psyche, as peeling back the layers to his character alongside Vivienne is always a treat. What this story makes clear is that happily ever after isn’t perfect, even when you’re as well matched as Vivienne and Jonah. Both of them have to be brave, open, and honest with each other and their trust in one another makes the story incredibly powerful.

Asking for More is rich with emotion, and yet author Lilah Pace makes this peek into the lives of Jonah and Vivienne feel light on its feet. Somehow Ms. Pace always manages to infuse the Asking for It stories with hope and sensuality to battle back the darkness. The result is a compelling tale that fans of the series are sure to adore. Like Asking for It and Begging for It, Asking for More isn’t for everyone. Jonah and Vivienne have overcome a lot of ugliness that is addressed, and the rape fantasies they enjoy playing out could be a trigger for some readers.

Every time I revisit Jonah and Vivienne I fall in love with Ms. Pace’s writing all over again. Asking for More is quite simply an excellent afterward to Jonah and Vivienne’s journey. I can only hope Ms. Pace writes stories for Jonah’s siblings, for I don’t want to leave this phenomenal series behind.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/03/review-asking-for-more-by-lilah-pace.html