WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Emergency Engagement by Samanthe Beck

Emergency Engagement (Love Emergency) - Samanthe Beck

Samanthe Beck has kicked off her Love Emergency series with one heck of a steamy romance! Emergency Engagement is by turns sexy, funny, and heartbreaking and its characters will keep you captivated from the first page to the last.

Beau is the strong, silent type with walls built a mile high around his heart. He’s suffered the kind of devastating loss that will scar a person forever, and my heart broke for him. Beau has a lot to offer – he’s caring, protective, and a fantastic paramedic – but because he lost so much, he refuses to open his heart again. Instead he lives a half-life, one that’s sterile and lacking in true human connection. Savannah brings color, laughter, and life back into his world. She’s an artist who has had a string of bad luck lately, but she never loses her sunny nature. I absolutely adored her liveliness and determination; it’s clear that she’s just the person to break down Beau’s barriers.

When an accident lands Savannah and Beau in a compromising position and both sets of their parents believe them to be engaged, Savannah agrees to go along with it. Both she and Beau know getting involved for real would be a terrible idea, but the sparks that fly between them are too hot to resist. Together they make a dynamite pair. They’re charming, seriously funny, have incredible chemistry both in and out of bed, and are wholly endearing. It’s easy to be swept away by Emergency Engagement because the story feels light on its feet. That doesn’t mean it lacks depth. Savannah and Beau have their fair share of obstacles to overcome and they need to look into themselves and decide if they are brave enough to risk their hearts for a chance at happiness. It isn’t easy for them, and I loved that they owned both their strengths and their flaws. Though the ending of the story felt a bit rushed and I would have loved another chapter to give it that “complete” feeling, I still finished Emergency Engagement a well satisfied reader. My only true complaint is that I now have to wait for the next Love Emergency story. Savannah’s sister and Beau’s partner are such delightful supporting characters that I desperately hope they get books soon. Emergency Engagement is the first book of Ms. Beck’s that I’ve read, but Savannah and Beau’s romance was so entertaining that you can bet I’ll be back for more of her work.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/02/review-emergency-engagement-by-samanthe.html