WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: The Millionaire Makeover by Naima Simone

The Millionaire Makeover (Bachelor Auction) - Naima Simone

It’s not often you get a Cinderella tale where the hero is both the fairy godmother and Prince Charming. Niall Hunter plays both roles in The Millionaire Makeover, and the results are fantastic. Naima Simone’s second Bachelor Auction novel is fast, fun, sexy, and tugs on the heartstrings in the best way.

Khloe Richardson had a huge crush on her brother’s best friend, but after tragedy brings her and Niall together for one hot night, Niall cuts her out of her life. Khloe wants to hate him, but when she accidentally wins him at a bachelor auction and can’t get out of spending time with him, she decides to have Niall help transform her into a desirable woman. What Khloe doesn’t know is that – to Niall – she is already the most desirable woman on the planet. But Niall made a vow to her late brother to stay away from Khloe and he intends to keep it, even though helping her attract the attention of another man is slowly killing him.

What makes The Millionaire Makeover shine are its characters. Khloe is sweet and has a generous heart, but she has no qualms about standing up for herself and telling Niall straight out what she needs. Niall, in turn, is a tortured hero who lost the closest thing he had to family when Khloe’s brother, Michael, died. There is nothing Niall wouldn’t do for Michael, but it’s clear to see that – though he thinks he’s not the kind of man Michael would want falling for his sister – Niall is exactly the man for Khloe. I absolutely loved that Niall thought Khloe was the most beautiful woman ever long before he helped her with her makeover. Her Cinderella moment is to help her see herself for the beauty she is, to give her the confidence she longs for. The attraction between them is sizzling and watching the sparks fly between them is truly fun. What grabbed me the most, however, was their emotional connection. Niall and Khloe bring out the best in each other, and the way they fit both as friends and lovers makes it easy to be swept away by their romance. Of course, Ms. Simone doesn’t make things easy on either of them. Khloe will have to decide if she can take a risk on Niall again and he will have to fight his inner turmoil, become the man she needs, and go for what he wants. Every bump in the road is worth it, because these two deserve a true happily ever after.

The Millionaire Makeover is a captivating modern-day fairytale and I absolutely adored it. Though it’s the second book in the Bachelor Auction series, it reads like a standalone tale. That being said, I enjoyed Khloe and Niall’s romance so much that I absolutely have to go back and read the first book in the series, Beauty and the Bachelor. The Millionaire Makeover is the first book of Ms. Simone’s I’ve read and I can’t wait to read more of her work!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/02/review-millionaire-makeover-by-naima.html