WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: The Art of Taming a Rake by Nicole Jordan

The Art of Taming a Rake (Legendary Lovers) - Nicole Jordan

Regency England meets Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew in The Art of Taming a Rake. Nicole Jordan gives playful nods to the Bard while still managing to deliver a story uniquely her own in this fast-paced, sexy, highly entertaining romance.

Quinn is an utterly delicious hero. He’s got that easy, natural charm I adore, a sinfully sensual nature, is intelligent, loyal, and honorable. How can a reader resist a hero like that? Quinn was burned in the past by love and has lost loved ones, so he’s determined that he will guard his heart and never fall in love. Of course, it’s obvious from the start that he’s completely entranced by Venetia and could easily lose his heart to her. She’s an outcast, a lady who dared to publicly call off her wedding after learning of her fiancé’s infidelity. Since that fateful day, Venetia has been living abroad, honing her talent as an artist and living a life quite unlike the one she had been raised to lead. Like Quinn, she was hurt, badly, by someone who should have loved her. Quinn used to be close with her former fiancé and his rakish reputation is well known, so no matter how tempting she finds him, Venetia resists her attraction to him. Her sharp tongue and independent nature may intimidate much of the ton, but not Quinn. When he and Venetia find themselves wed in a most unusual set of circumstances, the forced time together gives them the opportunity to truly see the person they have married. It was delightful watching them grow close, even as they try to fight the inevitable. It isn’t easy for them to open their hearts, to trust each other and their growing closeness enough to risk everything on love, but Ms. Jordan makes every bump in the road worth it. Venetia and Quinn have powerful chemistry and this makes the pages of The Art of Taming a Rake fly by.

The Art of Taming a Rake is the fourth book in Ms. Jordan’s Legendary Lovers series, but it can be easily read as a standalone. But fans of the series need not worry – Quinn’s family members play strong supporting roles and add even more liveliness to the tale. Their appearances made me want to go back and revisit the first three Legendary Lovers books again, and it made me more eager than ever to see what Ms. Jordan has in store for the only unmarried Wilde left – Katharine. So whether you’re a dedicated Legendary Lovers fan or just enjoy a sexy and fun historical romance, you won’t want to miss The Art of Taming a Rake!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/01/review-art-of-taming-rake-by-nicole.html