WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Everything at Last by Kimberly Lang

Everything At Last: A Magnolia Beach Novel - Kimberly Lang

Everything at Last is a charming read filled with warm, welcoming characters and a romance that will leave you with a smile on your face. I’m a sucker for a sweet small town romance and Kimberly Lang has delivered an absolutely delightful one.

After escaping a horrible marriage, Molly Richards has built a new life for herself in Magnolia Beach. She adores the town she now calls home, but she still keeps herself set just a bit apart from others, save for her best friend, Helena. Now Molly’s been charged with organizing the town’s Children’s Fair and she’s not only in the limelight, she’s in over her head. Luckily for her, Molly finds a white knight in veterinarian Tate Harris. Tate knows Molly through Helena, but he’s never truly looked at her. But working together on the fair brings them closer together, and Tate starts to see Molly in a new light. Molly’s marriage may have soured her on relationships, but there’s no denying the budding attraction between her and Tate. Both of them will have to face their pasts and take a risk if they hope to have a chance of a relationship.

Ms. Lang makes it supremely easy to root for Molly and Tate – they’re both endearing characters with caring hearts. Molly has been through a terrible marriage and has had to handle an unsupportive family on top of it. It takes a spine of steel to stand up to that and make a new life, and it’s clear Molly has that. Her past has made her wary of opening up, but it was lovely to watch her come out of her shell over the course of the book. Tate is the catalyst for her change in some ways, and he’s also her perfect match. I have a soft spot for veterinarian heroes, so of course Tate won me over from the start. That being said, he’s not a perfect hero. He’s got White Knight Syndrome and this causes him to mess up more than once, but the fact that he wasn’t perfect made the story all the more interesting. It isn’t all smooth sailing for Molly and Tate, but Ms. Lang makes all the obstacles in their path worth it.

Everything at Last is the second book in the Magnolia Beach series but it can be read as a standalone. What can sometimes make or break a small town romance is the townspeople and the residents of Magnolia Beach are warm and inviting. Ms. Lang made me want to visit this lovely Southern town, which means I’ll definitely be going back to read the first Magnolia Beach book, Something to Prove.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/01/review-everything-at-last-by-kimberly.html