WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Tell Me You Want Me by Joya Ryan

Tell Me You Want Me (Search and Seduce) - Joya Ryan

Michelle has spent her entire life under the control of her parents and then her (now ex-) fiancé. Having finally broken free from her Upper East Side ivory tower, Michelle lives in North Carolina and runs a boutique even she has to admit is struggling. But Michelle isn’t going down without a fight and in order to build her confidence and establish that she is a strong, independent woman, Michelle signs up for a survival class. Only her friend has to bail on her, which leaves Michelle alone with the incredibly handsome instructor.

Dex can see Michelle’s privileged upbringing practically oozing from her when they first meet, and for a man with no patience for the shallow and wealthy, he’s not impressed. Still, Michelle’s determination makes him smile even as his attraction to her makes him sweat. If Michelle wants to play with a bad boy, then Dex is happy to oblige...

Tell Me You Want Me is a fast-paced, red-hot story that’s easy to enjoy. Michelle is a smart, sweet woman who has lived such a sheltered life that she’s not really equipped to handle true struggle. While she isn’t easy to relate to, she’s a likeable heroine and I admired her determination to make it on her own and try new things. Her quest to branch out takes a turn for the extremely sexy when she meets Dex. Dex has a chip on his shoulder the size of a mountain when it comes to the wealthy, which should mean that he and Michelle have no hope as a couple. Of course, erotic attraction helps pave the way for these two and it’s not long before they’re steaming up the page and winding their way into each other’s hearts. But prejudices have to be overcome and both Dex and Michelle will have to open up if they want something together that will last.

In some ways, Tell Me You Want Me is hard to review. It’s an entertaining read, but not the most memorable. The sex scenes are wonderfully hot and Michelle and Dex have a lot of potential. They make an unlikely pairing, which is always a fun way to start, but author Joya Ryan doesn’t fully succeed in making me believe they are “meant to be.” If it weren’t for the helpful nudging of some secondary characters, I don’t see how these two would have gotten their happily ever after, a plot device I’m not too fond of. Perhaps the characters would have been better served by a longer format where they could be given more depth. Still, for a fast and hot read,Tell Me You Want Me is fun and I will definitely be checking out the first Search and Seduce story, Tell Me You Need Me.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2016/01/review-tell-me-you-want-me-by-joya-ryan.html