WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Stealing the Bachelor by Sonya Weiss

Stealing the Bachelor (Stealing the Heart) - Sonya Weiss

Stealing the Bachelor hits the ground running and never loses its energy. Sonya Weiss’s third Stealing the Heart story is fast-paced, fun, and too cute for words.

When Ann finds herself in a world of legal trouble after trusting the wrong man, she turns to the only person who can keep her out from behind bars: Eric Maxwell, local attorney and the guy who embarrassed her in high school. What Ann doesn’t know is that Eric has been head-over-heels in love with her for years, but he never seems to say the right thing around her. Eric’s happy to help Ann out of her bind, but he also knows this is his once chance to get Ann to notice him. So he proposes a trade: he’ll provide her with free legal services if she’ll help him go from geeky good guy to sexy bad boy – aka the kind of guy Ann has always gone for.

Stealing the Bachelor has a fun premise, and it works for the most part, thanks in large part to Eric. Ms. Weiss has definitely created a swoon-worthy hero in him, and it’s clear from the start there’s no reason for him to change. He’s smart, sexy, has a giving heart, is adorably geeky but not overly so, and is completely gone over Ann. What’s keeping them apart is a series of misunderstandings, and this is whereStealing the Bachelor falters. It’s tricky to have a story where what’s keeping the heroine and hero apart is a misunderstanding that could easily be cleared up by a simple conversation, and the lack of communication between Ann and Eric was a bit frustrating at times. Where the story also faltered was its fast pace. The book moved so quickly that certain plotlines weren’t as fleshed out as I’d have liked, which lead to obstacles appearing and disappearing without warning. Still, I cannot deny that even with these issues I was charmed by the story overall. Ann and Eric made me smile more than once and I was happy to get swept up in their love story. I haven’t yet read the first two Stealing the Heart books, but I definitely will be picking upStealing the Groom and Resisting Her Rival soon.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/12/review-stealing-bachelor-by-sonya-weiss.html