WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis

My Kind of Wonderful - Jill Shalvis

My Kind of Wonderful is exactly that – my kind of funny, charming, heartwarming,wonderful romance. Bailey, Hud, and the entire Kincaid family will make you laugh one moment, then tug on your heartstrings the next.

Bailey Moore has spent a good portion of her life battling non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Against all odds she triumphed and now is determined to not play it safe and truly live. I loved Bailey; she has a determined mind and a caring heart. Her fight against cancer may have taken its toll on her body, but her spirit is undeniably bright and she simply charmed the heck out of me from the moment she appeared on the page. Falling in love isn’t on Bailey’s list of adventures, but when she lands in Cedar Ridge – and mistakenly in the path of Hudson Kincaid – she ends up making an unexpected detour. Hud is strong and sexy, but also a workaholic who takes too much on his shoulders and carries old wounds he doesn’t want to heal. I loved that Hud doesn’t see Bailey’s battle with cancer as defining her, as other (well-intentioned) people in her life do. He sees her for the talented, sexy woman she is. Bailey, in turn brings joy to Hud’s world, making him come alive in a way he hasn’t been in years.

Neither Hud nor Bailey think their initial flirtation will ever be anything more than some seasonal steamy fun, but it’s clear to readers (not to mention Hud’s family) that these two are meant to be. Their road to happily ever after isn’t all smooth sailing, as both at one point or another put up barriers. They have to face their fears and take a chance if they want things to last. But every bump in the road is worth it because these two have fantastic chemistry and make the pages of My Kind of Wonderful fly by in a flurry of funny, sizzling, and sometimes heartbreaking scenes.

It wouldn’t be a Jill Shalvis book if there weren’t some of the author’s trademark hilarity, and in My Kind of Wonderful the Kincaid family had me grinning more often than not. The Kincaid siblings’ hijinks add a lot of humor to the book, but what makes the family as a whole special is their clear love for one another. The comedic moments in My Kind of Wonderful draw you in, but it’s the book’s strong heart that makes the story stay with you. I absolutely adored Bailey and Hud and I cannot wait to read the next Cedar Ridge story, Nobody But You.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/12/review-my-kind-of-wonderful-by-jill.html