WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: A Mackenzie Clan Gathering by Jennifer Ashley

The Stolen Mackenzie Bride -  Jennifer Ashley

A Mackenzie Clan Gathering is a beautiful story brimming with emotion. Fans of Jennifer Ashley’s Mackenzies & McBrides series won’t want to miss this story, for it’s sure to make you fall in love with the Mackenzies all over again.

Ian, Beth, and their children are the only Mackenzies in residence at Kilmorgan when thieves break in, stealing a good portion of the duke’s art collection. Ian is determined to track the culprits before the rest of his family shows up, but he’s sidetracked by the arrival of Beth’s late husband’s brother, a man who claims he can cure Ian of his “madness.” Ian and Beth are two of my all-time favorite characters, and in A Mackenzie Clan Gathering we get to see how they’ve grown over the years they’ve been married. Their bond is stronger than ever, but when Ian is tempted with the possibility of being “cured,” it just about broke my heart, especially because he wants to do so for Beth’s sake. Of course, we know two things: (1) Beth loves him just the way he is and (2) Ian isn’t mad, he has Asperger’s (decades before anyone knows what that is). What follows I’ll leave readers to discover, but I will say that we get to see more interesting things about the Mackenzie family. Most importantly, Ms. Ashley touched my emotions showing the deep bonds of love – romantic and familial – among the Mackenzie clan.

The investigation into who is behind the art theft takes some interesting turns, tying into the series in an unexpected way. And though A Mackenzie Clan Gathering is primarily Ian and Beth’s story, other family members do get their moments to shine (I’ll never get tired of seeing Hart with Ian). If you’re new to the series, don’t worry – you’ll still be able to follow along. But truly, this story is probably best enjoyed if you’re already invested in the Mackenzie & McBrides series. I absolutely loved revisiting Ian and Beth and I hope Ms. Ashley continues to gift readers with more glimpses into what happens after happily ever after for the Mackenzie clan.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/11/review-mackenzie-clan-gathering-by.html