WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Unsung by Shannon Richard

Unsung (A Country Roads Novel) - Shannon Richard

Shannon Richard proves that some things are just meant to be in Unsung. The fifth Country Roads novel is a sinfully sexy story of love at first sight, second chances, and going after what you want. It’s a fantastic book that I practically devoured in one sitting, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to read because you’re sure to fall in love with Harper and Liam.

Liam is an up-and-coming county music star whose world is turned upside down when he meets Harper in a Nashville bar. Their attraction is instantaneous, but after two decadent nights together Harper takes off. She came to Nashville to forget that it was supposed to be her wedding weekend, but after forty-eight hours she knows that what she felt for her ex-fiancé is nothing close to what Liam makes her feel and it terrifies her. But when Harper finds out she’s pregnant, she knows she has to face her fears and talk to Liam. And she will, just as soon as she wraps her head around the fact that her whole life is about to change.

Only fate has a trick up its sleeve – Liam’s brother is engaged to one of Harper’s friends. When Harper and Liam unexpectedly meet again at a party, everything comes out and the two of them realize that if they’re going to have a child together, they’ve got to have more to go on than desire and an instant connection. What follows is a sensual, heartwarming fall into love filled with plenty of ups and downs. Harper is a confident woman, but Liam’s growing success as singer brings a whole lot of stress – groupies, paparazzi, and a painfully obnoxious actress hoping to use Liam is a lot for anyone to take on. Add in pregnancy hormones and a relationship that’s just in its beginning stages and it’s clear that Harper and Liam will have to work hard to get that happily ever after. The realistic obstacles Harper and Liam face takeUnsung from fairytale to a grounded – but equally compelling – romance.

What makes Unsung shine are its characters. Harper is a strong, confident, relatable woman who is wonderfully flawed and completely endearing. Liam is a h-o-t HOT, swoon-worthy hero with talented hands and a fantastic voice. He’s also totally head over heels for Harper in the most adorable way. Separately, they’re great characters and I’ve liked them both since meeting them in previous Country Roads stories. As a couple, they are impossible to resist and I simply could not stop reading their story.

Unsung is the fifth book in the Country Roads series, but it can be read as a standalone. Fans of the series are sure to be pleased that their favorite Country Roads heroes and heroines play strong supporting roles. I always enjoy my trips to Mirabelle, Florida, and the only complaint I have about Unsung is that I finished it wanting more Country Roads stories to read.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/10/review-unsung-by-shannon-richard.html