WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Written in the Stars by LuAnn McLane

Written in the Stars: A Cricket Creek Novel - LuAnn McLane

Written in the Stars is a breath of fresh air. Grace and Mason’s story is sweet, but has a bit of a kick – just like Mason’s drool-worthy chocolate porter.

Grace Gordon is a marketing genius who doesn’t like to stay in one place for long. The imminent birth of her niece, however, brings her to Cricket Creek and her lousy sense of direction lands her on the doorstep of Mason Mayfield’s brewery. It’s easy to fall for both Grace and Mason. Grace is funny, self-aware, and practically bursts with energy. Mason, in turn, has a laid-back charm and quiet sensual appeal that plays wonderfully against his straight-and-narrow, focused nature. Mason has been hurt in the past both personally and professionally. He’s getting his second chance at professional success with his new craft brewery, but even that’s looking like it could fall apart if he doesn’t come up with a marketing plan as fantastic as his beer. Grace comes into his life like a force of nature, her marketing expertise and enthusiasm both a blessing and a curse. She takes Mason out of his comfort zone, forcing him to trust her with her business. Even more frightening, it’s not long before they’re falling for each other and Mason worries whether he can trust her with his heart when it’s clear she’s not in Cricket Creek to stay. Neither Mason nor Grace is perfect, but when their flaws lead to obstacles in the path of their romance, it adds depth to the story. I was completely invested in Grace and Mason’s intertwining business and love lives and was rooting for them to make it every step of the way.

A secondary romance involving Grace’s mother, Becca, adds to the book’s charm. I adored the supermodel-turned-businesswoman and her instant attraction to a former pro fisherman had a lot of promise. My only (small) issue with Written in the Starswas that Becca and Jimmy’s storyline wasn’t as fully fleshed out as it could have been. They had tons of potential and were a dynamic pair, so it would have been lovely to see more of their romance.

Author LuAnn McLane knows how to blend sprightly banter, smooth Southern charm, and heartwarming romance together just right. Written in the Stars is a perfect example of this, which will surely delight both fans of the Cricket Creek series and readers new to the books. Written in the Stars is a cozy read contemporary romance fans won’t want to miss!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/09/review-written-in-stars-by-luann-mclane.html