WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Review: All Wound Up by Jaci Burton

All Wound Up - Jaci Burton

All Wound Up is sexy and fun, a light-on-its feet read that will leave you with a smile, thanks in no small part to the story’s two charming leads. Though their initial meet-cute is anything but fun for Tucker – a knee to a rather sensitive region has him in need of Aubry’s medical skills – the humor does set the tone for the story. Tucker and Aubry have bright and snappy chemistry from the start and the book follows suit.

Tucker Cassidy comes from a football dynasty, but he broke the family mold by going into baseball. He’s the star pitcher for the St. Louis Rivers, something that would have a lot of women falling at his feet. However, Dr. Aubry Ross isn’t your average woman. She’s a medical resident focused on her career, and as the daughter of the Rivers’ owner, she isn’t impressed by baseball players. But it doesn’t take long for Tucker’s Clark Kent-good looks and easy charm to win her over. There is a sprightliness to their burgeoning relationship that makes the pages of All Wound Up fly by. The one issue I had with the story is that it does lose a lot of its uniqueness once Aubry and Tucker hit the sheets, the romance becoming interchangeable with a number of others I’ve read before. That being said, Aubry and Tucker’s delightful banter in the beginning of the story and the pair’s genuine likeability compensated for this. So while the story did feel a bit formulaic, I honestly enjoyed it so much that I didn’t mind.

A sexy sports hero who works hard but doesn’t take himself too seriously is the perfect match for a studious doctor who is all work and almost no play. Tucker and Aubry’s romance is deliciously dirty and a lot of fun – a story that can make a hot summer even hotter. Whether you’re a longtime Play-by-Play fan or are just diving into the series, All Wound Up is a lively romance sure to please.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/08/review-all-wound-up-by-jaci-burton.html