WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Colour Me Undead by Mikela Q. Chase

Colour Me Undead - Mikela Q. Chase

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed

Cora has no designs at becoming the premier wedding planner for the undead, but she also can’t say no when her vampire cousin asks for her help.  Though Cora has plenty of experience with paranormals, nothing can prepare her for meeting the vampire king.  Basil Bloodthorn is powerful, sexy, and convinced Cora is his mate.  Cora’s not as sure as Basil that they’re meant to be, but if she wants to find out she first has to manage to stay alive, for someone else has no intention of letting Cora become the vampire queen.

Colour Me Undead is fast-paced and wonderfully fun.  Mikela Q. Chase starts things off on a high note with a sassy heroine who’s not afraid to take her powerful hero down a peg or two.  Basil and Cora have a great dynamic and they brought both humor and steam to the story.  Unfortunately, a rather one-dimensional villain made the story feel clunky about halfway though.  With a bit more fleshing out, Colour Me Undead could have really shined.  Ms. Chase’s world has a lot of possibility and I’d dearly love to read a story for Melinda and Alexis, Cora’s cousin and Basil’s brother.  All in all, Colour Me Undead is a bright bit of paranormal fun that’ll make you smile.