WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Review: Rebellion of a Chalet Girl by Lorraine Wilson

Rebellion of a Chalet Girl: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance (A Novella) - Lorraine Wilson

Rebellion of a Chalet Girl will break your heart and then put it back together. Lorraine Wilson’s newest Chalet Girl story is a powerful, emotional story with a heroine who will grab your heart, a hero who will make you swoon, and a Swiss ski resort you’ll wish you could visit.

I absolutely loved Tash. She’s survived so much and has come out stronger, yet is also deeply vulnerable. Now that she’s finally found solid ground, so to speak, everything is changing on her again. Her best friends are moving on with their lives and Tash desperately wants to understand where she fits in the new landscape of her life and work. Because of all she’s been through and her fear of being hurt yet again, Tash holds most people at a distance. Nate, however, gets under her skin from the moment they meet. The attraction between them is electric, but Tash fears she’s not good enough for the flashy millionaire. She couldn’t be more wrong. I love that Nate saw the real Tash beneath the attitude and that he treasures her for who she is. It isn’t easy for them to make a go of it, but Ms. Wilson makes every obstacle they have to overcome worth it in the end. The only thing I would wish for Nate and Tash is that their story had been a bit longer. Rebellion of a Chalet Girl addresses serious issues, so the story might have felt a bit more organic had Tash’s personal journey and the role Nate plays in it been spread out. Also, I would have like to delve a bit deeper into Nate’s character, as he had great potential. Both these factors could have made this story go from outstanding to amazing.

Rebellion of a Chalet Girl is the sixth book in Ms. Wilson’s Chalet Girl series, but as I had not yet read Confessions of a Chalet Girl, Secrets of a Chalet Girl, Revenge of a Chalet Girl, Secret Crush of a Chalet Girl, or Chalet Girl Plays Cupid at the time of reading Tash’s story, I can safely say it can be read as a standalone. Many of Tash’s fellow chalet girls play supporting roles and I’m definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I can’t say enough how much I loved Tash and I’m looking forward to reading her story over and over and over again!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-rebellion-of-chalet-girl-by.html