WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Playing Knotty by Elia Winters

Playing Knotty - Elia Winters

Playing Knotty is sexy, kinky, fast-paced, and a pure joy to read. In Ian, author Elia Winters gives readers a hot, geeky hero who’s seriously talented with rope. Ian’s an accountant who’s also incredibly knowledgeable about rope play. And while he’s sexy as hell, it’s the fact that he’s been head-over-heels for Emma since high school that made me melt. It isn’t easy for Ian to gain Emma’s trust, but he’s patient with her. To Ms. Winters’s credit, Ian’s human and not a saint; he knows he can’t be the one to make Emma change the way she sees herself. And speaking of Emma, she’s a smart, likeable heroine whose insecurities not only make you feel for her, but are relatable. Growing up she had it drilled into her head that any woman who isn’t thin is automatically not desirable. Because of this, she’s developed a warped view of herself and how she has to be around others. I loved watching Emma come into her own over the course of Playing Knotty. It isn’t easy, which adds a sense of realism, but the journey’s definitely worth it.

As a couple, Emma and Ian are red-hot. Ms. Winters’s knowledge of rope play makes both the bondage workshops and the erotic scenes shine. Add in the genuine likeability of both Ian and Emma and you have a winning romance. Even the secondary characters are more than you first expect them to be, which was a wonderful surprise. There’s a lot to love about Playing Knotty – it’s fun, nerdy, seriously hot, and Emma and Ian will have you rooting for them to get their happily ever after. I cannot wait to re-read Playing Knotty and I will definitely be buying up Ms. Winters’s other work!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-playing-knotty-by-elia-winters.html