WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Undressed by Shannon Richard

Undressed (A Country Roads Novella) - Shannon Richard

Undressed is my favorite Country Roads story to date! Shannon Richards has packed a heck of a lot into this sinfully sexy novella – it’s interesting, heartbreaking, compelling, and of course, red-hot.

I have a weakness for hockey player heroes and Logan is definitely drool-worthy on and off the ice. But he’s more than a hot bod with skills, he’s a man with a generous heart and a heartbreaking secret he’ll do anything to protect. Logan hasn’t really wanted to get close to anyone in years because of his past (for reasons I won’t spoil), but Abby gets under his skin and makes him come alive for the first time in years. And it’s easy to see why. Abby is a heroine with brains and determination to spare. She handles sexist coworkers along with sometimes uncooperative hockey players and doesn’t blink an eyelash. Logan, however, throws her off her game. Her contract forbids her from getting involved with any of the guys on the team, but there’s something about Logan that Abby simply can’t resist. And when she finds out that he wants her as well…watch out because Undressed gets down and dirty in all the best ways. The chemistry between Abby and Logan is fantastic and I simply could not put their story down, entranced as I was by these two.

Of course, even when hero and heroine fit one another perfectly things aren’t going to be easy. There’s workplace politics, old wounds, and the ever-present press that will challenge Abby and Logan. The only thing that kept Undressed from being the perfect read for me was the inevitable reveal of Logan’s secret to the world. You can tell it had to happen for plot point reasons, but the how of it left me disappointed. Without spoiling what happens, I can say that someone as smart and aware as Abby should have seen what was coming. That being said, it was the only blip in an otherwise superb romance.

Undressed is part of Ms. Richard’s Country Roads series, but it can be read as a standalone. I’ve been reading this series completely out of order and I had no problems at all. Fans of the series should love the cameos made by their favorite characters, and of course, Abby’s best friend, Paige (of Undone), is a key supporting character. As much as I loved the Mirabelle crowd, Ms. Richard has me even more excited to read books about Logan’s siblings, characters new to the series. I’ve got my fingers crossed in the hopes that Adele and Liam will get books of their own.

Undressed is fast-paced and engaging with characters you have to adore. I absolutely loved Abby and Logan and I cannot wait to re-read their story.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-undressed-by-shannon-richard.html