WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Her Sexiest Mistake by Jill Shalvis

Her Sexiest Mistake - Jill Shalvis

Her Sexiest Mistake is a story of flawed people with big hearts finding their way. Author Jill Shalvis never fails to entertain, and I devoured this sexy, heartwarming book in one sitting.

I absolutely adored Mia. She’s smart, relatable, and does her best even when she’s in over her head both at work and in her personal life. She makes mistakes, quite a few of them, in her quest to separate herself from her past. I appreciated her reasoning even when I knew she was heading in the wrong direction. And to be perfectly honest, I loved that she was flawed. It was wonderful watching her successful but empty life fill with joy over the course of Her Sexiest Mistake as Mia opens her heart not just to Kevin, but to her niece, Hope. And speaking of Kevin…man, he is definitely not a mistake. He is, however, sexy as hell, along with patient and kind. He’s not perfect, but he’s pretty close. Kevin’s most endearing quality – giving all of himself to help others – is also what threatens to break his heart. Both Mia and Kevin’s brother, Mike, try his patience over the course of the story, but both plotlines are ultimately rewarding. Falling in love definitely isn’t easy on either Mia or Kevin, but Ms. Shalvis makes every obstacle worth it in the end.

Her Sexiest Mistake is different from many of Ms. Shalvis’s newer books in a way I can’t quite explain. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the change of pace from one of my favorite authors. Mia, Kevin, and their loved ones are characters who will stay with you, and I can’t wait to read Her Sexiest Mistake again!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/12/review-her-sexiest-mistake-by-jill.html