WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Make You Remember by Macy Beckett

Make You Remember: The Dumont Bachelors - Macy Beckett

Heartbreak, a family curse, and a second chance with a first love all blend together to make an irresistible story in Make You Remember. Macy Beckett’s second Dumont Bachelors novel is fast-paced, sexy, and filled with characters you have to adore.

Devyn Mauvais’s life went off track when Beau Dumont left her all those years ago and she’s never quite gotten herself back on even footing. She’s shut the door so firmly on her past that she actually makes it harder for herself to move forward and it’s caused her to become a bit sharp with people. One of the joys of Make You Remember is watching Devyn come alive as she finds herself again. Her passion for teaching – and for Beau – make her see that she needs to take a chance and work for the life she wants rather than spin her wheels. I loved seeing the changes in Devyn over the course of the story and I cheered her on as she risks disappointment going for what she wants.

As for Beau, the eldest Dumont brother has an easy charm and talented hands. He knows he screwed up badly when he left Devyn, but that doesn’t mean he won’t grab at the second chance he has with her. I loved that Beau owned his mistakes and stood up for the man he has worked to become. He’s the perfect match for Devyn, and when the sexual tension between them boils over the pages of Make You Remember steam up like you wouldn’t believe. Their love story was solidly entertaining, but I did feel that it wasn’t quite as powerful as it could have been. Beau and Devyn’s romance is based on the fact that they fell in love when they were young and are now getting their second chance. However, we don’t really get to see much of their shared past; only the important details are mentioned in the story and we miss seeing much of how they first fell in love. By not seeing that foundation, I was left wanting a little bit even though the love story built on said foundation was enjoyable.

Make You Remember is the second full-length book in the Dumont Bachelors series, but it can be read as a standalone. Beau’s brothers and Devyn’s sister all play important supporting roles in the book, and having fallen in love with all of them in Make You Mine, I was thrilled to revisit the Dumont and Mauvais families. Like most of his brothers, Beau is still cursed never to make it down the aisle, and though the curse was less important to this story than it was to the first, it was still an obstacle I enjoyed watching Devyn and Beau overcome. I finished Make You Remember a well-satisfied reader, though I’m on tenterhooks waiting for Alex and Ella-Claire’s story. Ms. Beckett, please don’t make readers wait long for more of these sinfully sexy Dumont brothers!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/11/review-make-you-remember-by-macy-beckett.html